We’ve recently been involved with styling film sets for a series of promotional films showcasing new residential developments. This has been an exciting opportunity to be ‘on set’ rather than ‘
We’ve summarised some key considerations:
Top 5 tips
1. Preparation is key – before shooting, check you have everything you need – the filming schedule isn’t going to wait for you…
2. Consider how the lighting and the green screen interact with your styling props i.e. nothing too shiny as it will leave a glare on the camera.
3. You can never have enough accessories on set in case any last-minute changes are required.
4. Ensure the client has focussed on all the details before signing off – big items are very hard to change last minute (especially a 4sqm rug!).
5. Dress with versatility in mind – for freezing exteriors and to roasting under multiple lights in the studio – layer up!
6. Be prepared for plenty of health & safety hazards – tho different issues than you find
If you’d like help styling film sets or your home, get in touch.