When carrying out renovation work, home owners face a huge number of scheduling, cost and design decisions as well as significant paperwork to keep control of the project. By hiring a project manager – you will spend less time organising the work and will receive support and advice helping you to make informed decisions and cost savings.
Please see the key project management tasks we undertake:
Planning your project:
- We develop a detailed schedule of works and monitor what needs to be done, by whom, when and how it is to be paid for.
- We advise about planning permission, listed building consent, building regulation requirements and party wall regulations as they relate to your project.
- We can advise on design/decoration and provide information about sources of fittings, materials and furniture.
- Whenever possible we integrate energy-saving details and can advise on ‘green home’ issues independently or as part of overall renovation works.
- We attend weekly site meetings to monitor and discuss – progress, issues and queries. We make additional unscheduled visits at other times as necessary to ensure work progresses efficiently and any issues are dealt with pre-emptively.
- We issue regular bulletins to both clients and contractor regarding progress, the next steps and timing of decisions required.
- We ensure communication runs smoothly between each party involved in the project and assist in identifying and addressing potential difficulties at an early stage (so reducing time and cost over-runs).
- We are the point of liaison for our clients at every stage of the project.
- When contractors approach us with questions and problems – we can often solve these without involving our client. If an issue does need to be referred to you, we communicate this clearly with suggested solutions.
- We ensure that disruption to clients’ homes, lives and time is kept to a minimum.