2 bedroom house
Complete transformation of unique house in central Earls Court.
This 2 bed house in Earls Court had been gutted and redesigned in the 90’s by an Italian artist. Whilst it was unique, the style was now dated with many fittings/ finishes damaged, and the layout didn’t work for the current owners. The main entertaining areas were split over two levels, lots of square meterage was used on circulation and the bedroom spaces had minimal privacy or light control. Finally, temperature control was a serious issue both in summer and winter.
Our initial scope of works was to improve the existing interiors by replacing the polished plaster throughout and installing air conditioning. However, we quickly realised that the house could be hugely improved by changing the floorplan significantly. We suggested major structural and layouts changes throughout, obtained specialist advice and Planning Permission where necessary and completed a full house renovation including-
- Large, luxurious but (now) private main bedroom and dressing room suite
- 2ndspacious bedroom with amazing views
- 2x new bathrooms
- Structural changes (removed structural walls and redirected staircase)
- New solar treated glazing throughout
- Decoration throughout interior and exterior- including Micro Cement/ paint/ tiling
- New kitchen and bespoke dining furniture, maximising the use of limited space
- Stunning lighting design
- Installation of air conditioning (a must for the HK-based clients)
- Full elecs and plumbing upgrades including piped under floor heating throughout.
The result is a 2-bedroom home with lovely open entertaining areas as well as private sleeping spaces. We’ve introduced lots more storage by reducing circulation space and kept the whole feeling light and modern by adding carefully designed glass elements, striking colours to selected areas and micro cement surfaces. The house is now comfortable with intelligent heating and cooling as well as natural ventilation through a new opening roof light.
February – December 2018