Director Cat Hoad offers valuable advice on what structural engineers do, and when you might need one on Houzz:

What are some of the most common types of residential projects that require this expertise?
“[You need a structural engineer] any time the layout is being changed in such a way that the load-bearing arrangement of the building might change,” project manager Cat Hoad says.

“This is obvious if you are, for example, removing the back wall of a house to build an extension,” she says, “but you should also bear this in mind if you’re ‘opening up’ any walls to connect spaces or put in a new door or window.”

Read more advice in the full article here…

For help with your property…

Call or email now to discuss. or 020 7697 0603