We are delighted that Liz Bell, Design Director at APM, has been appointed as Chair of the BIID Professional Practice Committee – the post formerly held by the new President of the BIID, Lester Bennet.
The Professional Practice Committee
The BIID specify this committee’s remit as;
- To oversee the operation and development of the BIID Professional Pathway, the route from graduation to becoming a BIID Registered Interior Designer.
- To review, and if necessary update, the BIID Code of Conduct, and Complaints Procedure.
- To build better relationships with UK interior educators and interior design students, including organising events (e.g. the BIID Student Design Challenge, held in November each year).
- To respond to government and industry consultations on behalf of the Institute, as and when they arise (and as appropriate), to ensure the views of professional interior designers are adequately represented at this level.
- To ensure relevant information regarding key professional practice issues is communicated to the membership.
Liz chose to join this particular committee when she became a Registered Interior Designer because;
… I am passionate about improving the standing of Interior Design as a practice and a career, and view the success of the BIID and in particular the Professional Practice Committee as key to achieving that goal.